Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Learning to type #Arabic; #Wikisource exercises

The one skill that makes it easy to use a computer is typing with ten fingers. Particularly when you learn a new script, you need to learn to type again. Learning this skill well means exercises.

I remember when I learned to type on a typing machine that I hated the futility of these exercises. Now that I need the skills to learn Arabic, I can think of exercises that are of use to everyone.

The WIKISOURCE for the Arabic language.

All Wikisources have the ProofreadPage extension installed. So all that is needed to tap in the vast pool of people that are learning to type Arabic is having pages ready using this tool.

My skill in Arabic is such that I can not easily find these. When I have, the Arabic Wikisource has its first volunteer that will exercise and do good at the same time.
Thanks,
     GerardM

No comments: